I'll skip the parts about top teams beating up on girls' high school volleyball teams. I suppose you can guess that teams like FSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Baylor, Auburn etc. were able to overcome that kind of competition. Here are the interesting things:
After a bad start, #3 Oregon had no trouble with #7 Michigan State in the second half and ended up winning by 19.
#14 USC defeated #13 Stanford in a tough conference match-up that was dominated by defense. The only scoring in the second half was two field goals. USC won despite producing less than 300 yards of offense, including a weak 135 passing.
#8 Ohio State lost to unranked Virginia Tech
For the second consecutive week, UCLA had trouble with an unranked team. It was tied in the fourth quarter, but the Bruins finally snuck past Memphis 42-35.
I said I wouldn't mention the A&M game (73-3), but just a passing note: they put up another 630 yards from scrimmage and scored 28 in the fourth quarter, despite playing all the scrubs. They are #1 in all of college football in total offensive yards.
Sunday, September 07, 2014
NCAA College Football Scores, Week #2
NCAA College Football Scores, Week #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment