Monday, March 29, 2010

Chloë Sevigny says she's sorry she told the truth and she'll never do it again

And thank God for that. We need to get back to the Hollywood fairy tale where every project is a masterpiece, and everyone is unable to see any flaws in any work. For reference, check out any episode of David Letterman with an actor on his show to promote a clunker. Letterman inevitably talks about the film as if it were the second coming of The Godfather.

(In case you missed it, Chloe said her show's current season sucks. The precise word she used was "awful.")

Now she says, "I really haven't seen the whole season because I don't have a television. I've only seen about half of it, so I couldn't even really comment, having not been able to see it all the way through."

Oh, my, aren't we the pretentious hipster! No TV for Chloe. "I cannot watch television. It is so banal. I must read Kierkegaard. And I cannot say 'can't' instead of 'cannot,' because I never use contractions."

How has she made things any better now? You fill in the logical extension of her comments. "I can't be bothered to own a television because everything on it .... (fill in the blank). I haven't bothered to watch my own show because I assume it ... (fill in the blank)."

By the way, Chloe's original comments seem to have sized up the current season quite well, according to this fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment